DISTRICT 7360 FOUR-WAY TEST SPEECH CONTEST 2018-2019
The Purpose and Goals of the Contest
The purpose of the 4-Way Test is to foster the principles of ethics in everyday life as well as in business. The Speech Contest is designed to introduce high school students to Rotary and the 4-Way Test by creating interest through a competitive speech contest, sponsored by their local Rotary club.
The specific goals of the Contest are to:
• Acquaint a large number of youth with Rotary, and specifically, the tenets of the 4-Way Test.
• Demonstrate and enhance Rotarians’ commitment to youth.
• Heighten awareness of Rotary among parents, school officials, and the community at large.
• Recognize, encourage and reward hard work and accomplishment in our youth.
• Provide an opportunity for Rotarians to participate in a Community/Vocational Service program which focuses on the 4-Way Test as our standard of behavior.
There are three levels of competition: Club, Regional and District. Each club indicates their intent to compete by submitting the Club Entry Form by March 1, 2019 and conducts their local club level contests during January, February or March 2019. Club contests MUST be completed by March 22, 2019. Four Regional Contests will be held during April 2019. Specific dates and locations for these contests will be determined based on clubs entering the contest. The winning speaker from each of the four Regional contests will compete at the District level competition, which will be held at the District Conference on May 18, 2019, in Altoona, PA.
Manual & Forms
The 2018-18 Manual can be downloaded here: 2018-19 Manual
Individual Forms from the Manual can be downloaded below:
• Club Entry Form 2018-2019 - FORM
• Student Entry Form 2018-2019 - FORM
• Student Biography 2018-2019 - FORM
• Judges Score Sheet 2018-2019 - FORM
• Judges Instructions 2018-2019 - FORM
• Judges Tally Sheet 2018-2019 - FORM
• Timekeepers Record 2018-2019 - FORM
Contact Art Leach – email