RYLA General Information
Click here to download the Word packet....
In the RYLA packet, please find important information regarding RYLA 2017, as follows: RYLA Basic Facts; Rotary Club Registration Form; and instructions for online registration for High School Students.
In addition, you should be aware of the following dates and other important information:
- RYLA 2017 will be held at the National 4-H Youth Conference Center, 7100 Connecticut Ave., Chevy Chase, MD 20815. The program will begin on the morning of Saturday, February 18, 2017, and end on the afternoon of Monday, February 20, 2017.
- Deadline for Rotary Club Registration Form and payment ($340 per student sponsored) is November 16, 2016. We must receive this completed form and payment by November 16, 2016 to guarantee reserved spaces for your students to attend RYLA.
- Make your check payable to RI District 7620 RYLA. Mail payment with the completed Rotary Club Registration Form to: Judith Cappuccilli, RI District 7620 RYLA Committee, 3206 Old Largo Road, Upper Marlboro, MD 20772.
- Deadline for High School Student online Registration is December 14, 2016. To qualify for RYLA, a student must be in the 10th, 11th, or 12th grade. When you have chosen the students you will sponsor, please instruct them to go to www.ryla7620.com and click on the High School Student tab on the left. They will be instructed to complete the 2 page registration form. They will be instructed to print the 2nd page, complete this page and sign with their parents, and return it to us by scanning and e-mailing, faxing, or sending by US mail. Online registration opens on October 1, 2016. The first question on the registration is, Who is your sponsoring Rotary Club? Make sure your students know who is sponsoring them!
- If you would like to sponsor students, there are many ways to find students (ie. children, grandchildren, nieces, or nephews of Rotarians, young folks who live in your neighborhood, or attend your place of worship are a few suggestions, or make contact with a local school (public or private), YMCA, or Boys and Girls Club). Finding students in your community will benefit your Rotary Club, especially if you invite these students, their parents, school and /or organization officials to attend a club meeting where the students talk about their experience at RYLA.
RYLA attendees will learn leadership skills, communication skills, planning & managing a project, conflict resolution, and business ethics. They will meet many people from diverse backgrounds, and learn to work in groups with new people. In addition, they will receive an introduction to Rotary.
Please go to www.ryla7620.com check out their website. Make a positive impact on young people by sponsoring them to attend RYLA 2017! If you have any questions please contact: Judy Cappuccilli- e-mail email@example.com , cell- 301 332-4207.
Yours In Rotary,
Rotary District 7620 RYLA Chairperson