The Rotary Club of Columbia County West
The Rotary Club of Columbia County West is Columbia County's oldest Rotary Club. It was sponsored by the Rotary Club of Thomson and was chartered on December 14, 1944 in Harlem Georgia as the Rotary Club of Harlem Georgia. On October 4, 2005, the Club changed its meeting location from Harlem, Georgia to the southwestern side of Evans, Columbia County, Georgia.The name was also changed to the current name. In 1974 we sponsored and helped establish The Rotary Club of Martinez-Evans (Columbia County), Georgia. We are also the home club of Past District Governor G. B. (Jake) Pollard, Jr. (1985-86).
Today we have members who contribute their time and resources to the Club's many community events and services. The Rotary Club's membership strives to live the principal motto of Rotary, which is "Service Above Self". Membership is by invitation to men and women of any age, race, religion, or national origin who maintain leadership roles in their professions. Members of our club must live or work in the Central Savannah River Area of Georgia and be of good character and reputation.
Rotarians and their guests are welcome at all regular club meetings. A portion of the $13 per person lunch buffet fee helps supplement our continuing community outreach programs.